X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB03Cobra View Post
    the old b heads are only good if you are gonna use boost and even then they dont make power untill they are wound to the stratosphere. better off running an aviator or navigator motor. the c head or the navigator head will both make decent power and torque n/a and will make great power with boost.
    Go with the Aviator motor, leave the longblock alone, just do boltons and the thing should be a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakecharmer View Post
      I've heard it's actually stronger than the iron block, havent they been pushed to around 2000hp?
      iron blocks have been to 2500. so have teksids. people want an arm and a leg for teksids. its a good block but certainly not worth what people want for them.
      my car is a big giant purple piece of shit

Comment

Originally posted by SB03Cobra View Post
        iron blocks have been to 2500. so have teksids. people want an arm and a leg for teksids. its a good block but certainly not worth what people want for them.
        Seems like it to me, saves you what 100lbs or so.

Comment

its not 100 lbs its less. and if you are worried about the weight/hp a wap block will work just fine as will an alluminator. if your looking to make 2000+ hp having an extra 60 lbs over the nose isnt gonna kill you. it might even help
          my car is a big giant purple piece of shit

Comment

Teskid weights about 85 lbs, WAP aluminum block is about 80 lbs and the Romeo iron block is about 160-165 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by OG Killah View Post
              Teskid weights about 85 lbs, WAP aluminum block is about 80 lbs and the Romeo iron block is about 160-165 lbs.
              80-85lbs off your nose is no joke!

Comment

The only reason i was considering this is b/c or how cheap i could get the motor for.

1993 Notch

Comment

Originally posted by 9greeNotch3 View Post
                  The only reason i was considering this is b/c or how cheap i could get the motor for.
                  how cheap? dont forget you'll need a t-45, flywheel, clutch and possibly a new computer.

Comment

Originally posted by 9greeNotch3 View Post
                    motor swaps arent cheap (when you do it the right way) ask me how i know

Comment

I know dickie. I dont plan on throwing this together in a month. Id plan on my car possibly not even being out til the summer after next. or just get evertyhing together first and just drive my car til i have everthing

1993 Notch

Comment

how cheap? dont forget you'll need a t-45, flywheel, clutch and possibly a new computer.
                        T5 can work on a mod motor. You need a specific bellhousing for it though. I forget who makes it.

Comment

T5 can work on a mod motor. You need a specific bellhousing for it though. I forget who makes it.
                          quicktime

Comment

How much is that though?

Comment

How much is that though?
                              No idea, what does a steel bellhousing SFI approved go for now? Thats probably a good figure to start with.

Comment

No idea, what does a steel bellhousing SFI approved go for now? Thats probably a good figure to start with.
                                probably at least 200 right?

here's a better idea Holland's junkyard does all you can carry for 75bucks twice a year. Just go grab a T-45 then.

Comment

Working...
                                X