X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law On Unregistered Vehicles.

As alot of you people know i lost my License like 2 years ago, right after Don Built my new motor. My car has be unregistered since then just sitting in my driveway, recently my ASSHOLE neighbor called the police and complained about it. We got a certified letter in the mail stating that its against the law in Waltham, MA to have ANY unregistered vehicles... Is anyone familiar with this and is there any way around this, i just got my license back last month and i dont want to register my car until spring.
    2002 SLP Camaro SS -
    Forged 408ci, Trickflow Stage 3s
    Fast 90/90, Full boltons
    305 nittos, Moser 9", Built T56
    PST Driveshaft, full suspension
    D1SC Procharger, Meth inj,
    return style fuel system
    799rwhp/700rwtq
    ------------------------

2006 Trailblazer SS
    3" drop, 22" replicas, HIDs, LEDs, custom emblems
    Magnaflow Catback, HUGE custom stereo

i always thayght you could have one unregistered car

found this on the web but dont know if it applies for waltham

"PARKING AND STORAGE OR CERTAIN VEHICLES- There shall be no more than one un-registered vehicle or trailer allowed on any residentially zoned property other than in completely enclosed buildings or a car port. This un-registered vehicle must be good condition and stored in the back or side yard. Good condition is defined as having fully inflated tires, all doors, including the hood and truck, intact, and no broken or missing windows. The vehicle must be capable of passing a motor vehicle inspection as determined by the Zoning Enforcement Officer after consultation with pertinent officials.
    An unregistered vehicle which does not satisfy the "good condition" definition may be allowed on a residentially zoned property if the vehicle does not have any foreseeable adverse effects on the public health, safety and welfare and is fully covered with a tarp or fully enclosed with a six foot high stockade fence.
    An unregistered vehicle may be allowed in the front yard of a residentially zoned property for the purpose of advertisement of sale for a period of thirty (30) days. This vehicle must be in Good Condition, as defined above, and owned by the owner of the property on which the car is displayed. In order to place an unregistered vehicle in the front yard of a residentially zoned lot the owner shall obtain a permit from the Zoning Enforcement Officer (ZEO). If no complaints are filed with the ZEO one additional thirty (30) day time period may be granted.
    (Amended effective 10/15/90)"

Comment

from what ive seen also you have to call town/city hall and ask
      each city and town are going to be diff. with their own regulations

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post
        from what ive seen also you have to call town/city hall and ask
        each city and town are going to be diff. with their own regulations
        Yep, town/city specific.
        A person at my place of employment let their son store 2 cars in their yard, unregistered, outside.
        I guess the neighbors didn't like the eyesore because the people came home to 2 $300 tickets hanging on the doorknob.

Comment

How about a car cover ?
          Jim R.
          1989 Mustang LX. w/slow C4 tranny
          12.22 @ 110 6/01/13

Comment

In Lowell it's this way.

The inspector cannot come in your yard unless they can see the vehicle from the street, even if they receive a complaint.
            If the car is covered, they cannot look under it to see if there is a plate or not on it.

But then again, that's what their supposed to do & not do.

When your not home who's to say they aren't just walking in your yard & snooping anyway!

Comment

got a letter in springfield, ma about this same subject, i went on ebay and got a license plate from florida for 10 bucks, installed it and fuck them! it would have been a 100 dollar fine per day per offense, called the inpector and told him the car was registered in florida and the inpector called me to say he'll come by to inspect the car had a plate, a week later he closed the complaint and apologized, he did come by to double check the car had a plate cause a neighbor said a guy was standing at the end of my driveway with a digital camera.

Comment

I parked a covered, unregistered car in the street for a year. The cops found out and just asked me to move it into my yard since it can't be on a public roadway. It was pretty cool.

Comment

Invest in a car port (the cheap $200 ones). problem solved.

Comment

A 2002 SS is probably not in bad shape either...if it's got decent tires on it...in my case, my Caprice is parked in the driveway for the winter...but I like having insurance on it, so I keep it registered. I know you said you don't want to register it until spring, but when you weigh the options of a car port or something else...having insurance on the vehicle (protect it from fire, theft, a tree falling on it...) and thus a license plate and inspection sticker, will allow you to park the car right back in the exact same spot, and leave it there as long as you want to, for your neighbor to have to stare at...although those $200 car ports are pretty cheap...and they're a much larger eyesore for your neighbor to have to look at...plus you could buy some hideous color one like purple and green or something...almost seems worth doing both...but register it AFTER you put it in the car port, so said neighbor doesn't know you did, and complains again, and you get the satisfaction of opening the thing up and saying "it's got a valid registration and inspection, I just don't want to drive it right now".
                    sigpic

what are the shirts gonna say?? "friends let frends drive SBF auto notchbacks??"

Comment

Originally posted by fiveohalex View Post
                      got a letter in springfield, ma about this same subject, i went on ebay and got a license plate from florida for 10 bucks, installed it and fuck them! it would have been a 100 dollar fine per day per offense, called the inpector and told him the car was registered in florida and the inpector called me to say he'll come by to inspect the car had a plate, a week later he closed the complaint and apologized, he did come by to double check the car had a plate cause a neighbor said a guy was standing at the end of my driveway with a digital camera.
                      Just as a heads up thats a MGL 90 sec. 23 Violation. Its a criminal offence and you can be summonsed to court. You cannot put a plate on a vehicle that it does not belong on (except when buying a car and transfering plates) even if its sitting on your property. I doubt anyone will ever call you on it, but you never know...someone might be having a bad day and you'll suffer as a result.
                      2001 Lingenfelter Twin Turbo ZO6. ERL Super deck 434 with LS7 heads. RPM built 4L80/C6 ZO6 rear swap. Drag Week 2014 here I come.

2013 Ford Raptor SCab, 801A Lux Package...

Comment

^^^^ yup. Also, out of state plates will raise red flags with the MA tax and insurance dime droppers in your hood.

Did you choose FL plates thinking that MA plates would automatically be checked by the local authorities? I imagine they can easily pull up all 50 states to check validity and expiration

If I had to store an unregistered car, I would just park the back of it right up next to the house so the plate area is covered. You guys are talkin complete cars, not parts cars? I laugh when people don't have the common sense to keep a cover and 4 wheels on such cars in view of neighbors hehe

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/2...ocruise5eg.gif

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../lambosig3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by trayack View Post
                          Just as a heads up thats a MGL 90 sec. 23 Violation. Its a criminal offence and you can be summonsed to court. You cannot put a plate on a vehicle that it does not belong on (except when buying a car and transfering plates) even if its sitting on your property. I doubt anyone will ever call you on it, but you never know...someone might be having a bad day and you'll suffer as a result.
                          If you're doing things to purposely piss off your neighbors, after they already complained, it's probably not worth testing out if they will fuck you over for it.

Comment

Originally posted by H3llphyre View Post
                            Invest in a car port (the cheap $200 ones). problem solved.
                            This is what a friend of mine did.
                            The towns sometimes have code laws that are more restrictive than the state laws.

Comment

this is all such bullshit. if i want to stick 10 cars on my lot, i should be able to. its your property. i don't see how a law like this is constitutional
                              PM me with any questions or issues. Thank you, Bryan

Comment

Working...
                              X