PDA

View Full Version : Can I buy ammunition in NH Wal-Mart?

Snakecharmer
01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Can I buy ammo in an NH Wal-Mart? I've heard they won't sell to people in MA with a MA LTC? Can anyone verify this?

StealthTT
01-05-2010, 09:59 PM
my buddy from PA was just in NH picking up shotgun shells for our skeet shooting shindig :D

Snakecharmer
01-05-2010, 11:13 PM
my buddy from PA was just in NH picking up shotgun shells for our skeet shooting shindig :D

Hmm, i've heard that NH Wal-Marts can't sell to MA residents. I just want to figure it out before I drive up.

Polish Rob
01-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Hmm, i've heard that NH Wal-Marts can't sell to MA residents. I just want to figure it out before I drive up.

Good luck finding ammo at wal mart. Its nearly non-existant.

H3llphyre
01-06-2010, 08:21 AM

They sell ammo in Maine, why not NH?

And the state only has to abide by it's own state laws. If NH is like ME, all you need is a license showing that you're over the age of 18. It's not their problem if you cart it over state lines illegally.

StealthTT
01-06-2010, 11:21 AM
big ammo shortage thanks to the Obama boom lol

Snakecharmer
01-06-2010, 11:45 AM

Sold out? or don't stock it?

Badassbabe98
01-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Depends which walmart you go to honestly...In the "woodsy" areas of the state they still stock and frequently restock alot of ammo.

How far are you from CT?? Theres a Cabela's in East Hartford that has never had an issue with selling ammo to us even though we're from out of state. However, I honestly don't think that they can sell a gun to someone from Mass.

H3llphyre
01-06-2010, 12:28 PM
big ammo shortage thanks to the Obama boom lol

It's a hype driven shortage, not based on reality. People are just stockpiling ammo for no reason, other than the hype that it may be outlawed. Same goes for guns, specifically AR-15's and the such.

H3llphyre
01-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Depends which walmart you go to honestly...In the "woodsy" areas of the state they still stock and frequently restock alot of ammo.

How far are you from CT?? Theres a Cabela's in East Hartford that has never had an issue with selling ammo to us even though we're from out of state. However, I honestly don't think that they can sell a gun to someone from Mass.

They only have to abide by their current state laws and whatever laws are instituted on the federal level. Article I of the constitution specifically prohibits states from interfering with the commerce of another state (which is why the Mass wants taxes from NH tire businesses is BS). So, as long as NH/CT only states age restrictions and they accept a Mass ID as proof of age, they are well within their rights to sell to a Mass resident (pending they are not breaking federal law). now, transporting that weapon across state lines INTO Mass, is a different thing altogether.

Snakecharmer
01-06-2010, 12:57 PM
It's a hype driven shortage, not based on reality. People are just stockpiling ammo for no reason, other than the hype that it may be outlawed. Same goes for guns, specifically AR-15's and the such.

The ammo may be mostly hype, but there is a big reality that they may crack down on guns with large capacity clips.

Garrett
01-06-2010, 01:41 PM

Sort of like diamonds.

H3llphyre
01-06-2010, 02:29 PM
The ammo may be mostly hype, but there is a big reality that they may crack down on guns with large capacity clips.

Which are already illegal in Mass, unless you have special licenses...

H3llphyre
01-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Sort of like diamonds.

No, diamonds are worse. There is *NO* shortage of diamonds. Ammo, there is actually a shortage of, because people are buying it quicker than it can be made. People aren't actually USING that ammo though. They're just stockpiling it.

Snakecharmer
01-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Which are already illegal in Mass, unless you have special licenses...

You can get pre-ban guns I believe.

Polish Rob
01-06-2010, 03:07 PM
No, diamonds are worse. There is *NO* shortage of diamonds. Ammo, there is actually a shortage of, because people are buying it quicker than it can be made. People aren't actually USING that ammo though. They're just stockpiling it.

:stupid:

This is what happens at wal mart. Ammo hits the shelves, gone within a half hour.

Superskwrl
01-06-2010, 04:04 PM
I was in a walmart last week, they had a sign "only 2 box's of ammo per customer" I'm not sure if it was 2 total box's or 2 box's of any one kind, lastly you should have no problem buying ammo in any state other than Illinois and Ma.

User Name
01-06-2010, 04:13 PM
H3llphyre's pretty much right with everything he said.

A mass resident can definitely buy ammo at wal-mart or any store in NH that sells ammo. A mass resident can also buy a riffle or shotgun in NH...just not a handgun

H3llphyre
01-06-2010, 04:26 PM
You can get pre-ban guns I believe.

Unless you have a dealers license, you cannot own a gun with more than 10 rounds in the clip. At least, that's what I was taught at the course for the LTC A

H3llphyre
01-06-2010, 04:27 PM
H3llphyre's pretty much right with everything he said.

A mass resident can definitely buy ammo at wal-mart or any store in NH that sells ammo. A mass resident can also buy a riffle or shotgun in NH...just not a handgun

And that's because of the federal law about the waiting period on handguns.

I love the constitution.

abiss79
01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
You can have "pre-ban" hi-cap mags that hold more than 10 rounds if they are dated before sep. 13 1994. If not, destroy them or send them to NH.
I'm a little confused by what you mean on the waiting period for a handgun though.

EDB78
01-06-2010, 06:10 PM

I go to walmart often.. I check everytime I go there for .40 cause I go target shooting alot. I'm lucky to get the 100rd boxes. or any .40 for that matter.. I buy them even if I dont need them right at that moment..

Snakecharmer
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Unless you have a dealers license, you cannot own a gun with more than 10 rounds in the clip. At least, that's what I was taught at the course for the LTC A

My friend was able to buy a pre-ban glock with an LTC A.

Snakecharmer
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
can I order ammo online and pick it up at the store? i've done that with other wal-mart shit.

sciff5
01-06-2010, 10:54 PM
When I lived in NH I only bought ammo at (I think it was actually target) but could have just as easily been walmart for my .22 and the cheap shit was always in stock. I could buy as much as I wanted with just a drivers license and then walk into my back yard 200 yrds and shoot shit.

Great state in that regard

H3llphyre
01-07-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm a little confused by what you mean on the waiting period for a handgun though.

Pending they can get through, the Brady check... Sometimes it takes 5 minutes, sometimes, not so lucky

abiss79
01-07-2010, 08:31 AM
right, thought you were talking about something different. ive never had it take more than 5 minutes, the thumb print is more of a pain in the ass.

Polish Rob
01-07-2010, 10:22 PM
can I order ammo online and pick it up at the store? i've done that with other wal-mart shit.

Don't think wal mart allows that.

H3llphyre
01-08-2010, 08:34 AM
Don't think wal mart allows that.

Walmart doesn't have ammo on their website.